Living with dry eye can be a challenge, but the condition is manageable and there are things you can do to help yourself. These tips will help you to manage your symptoms and feel more comfortable:1,2
1. Talk with your eye care professional about dry eye symptom management that may be right for you.
2. Take reading breaks when working at a computer to give your eyes a rest.
3. Avoid irritants, such as smoke, pollution, pollen and other airborne particles.
4. Use a warm compress once or twice a day for relief.
5. Consider adding Omega-3 supplements to your diet.
6. Practice proper eye hygiene. If you have Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD), cleaning your eyelids daily may help.